Wednesday, February 08, 2006

why wait?

A quote from a young theologian,

"Psalm 40 tells us that we need to wait and wait and wait as we lament in prayer. For it is in waiting that we permit God the freedom to respond according to His perfect timing and relinquish our desires to take situations into our own hands; in waiting, we look forward to being lifted up from the sinking ground of despair; in waiting, our faith and hope in God is srengthened and formed to His liking; in waiting, our vitality is reawakened, refreshed, and reinvigorated; and in waiting, we enter into thanksgiving in our prayers."

Does this speak to you?

This young theologian is taking donations to pay for his schooling...

Cheques can be sent to my house...

I live with this "young theologian" too!

Props to you, my bro! There's lots I can learn from you... which is precisely why I need to get back to my homework :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This young theologian that you speak of -- badgered me into leaving a comment on your site.

Nevertheless...

Wise words, young theologian. I commend you for your insight and your quirky good looks.

spinacci said...

Wow...remember at the reflection night, you asked us to write down some verses for the year? I put down psalm 40! wow...so cool! =)

lol....funny too that i was talking to this young theologian about finances....

shelaine said...

quirky is the operative word... haha... kiddin'... you would have commented w/o the badgering anyhow right? i mean, this IS your favourite site, correct?

very cool jos. now you have more insight into it?

finances... i'm accepting contributions as well :) what I'll do for it? mmm.. i can do a little song and dance for ca$h?

spinacci said...

yeah, i have a bit more insight in it. waiting is definitely hard. =) hehehe.

song and dance? i gotta see this! =)