Wednesday, February 15, 2006

the room of encouragement

(I wrote this last week... but decided finally to post. Don't you ever do it? Delayed postings..?)

In Bible College, my room was called "the room of encouragement." Natalie and I were the "encouragers" and we were roommates as well. Our room was always filled with people who wanted to hang out or people who needed a bit of "pick-me-ups."

That was almost six years ago...

Now, the lesson's a little deeper...

Learning lots about the value of appreciation.


What a blessing it is to find the thing that would make someone smile and do it.

What a blessing it is to be on the recipient side of receiving a word an act of gratitude.

I don't do this enough. Through words or actions. I just don't. But I'm learning to...

It's about opening the gates and allowing words of life to escape the heart and out through the mouth to bless another person.

If I haven't told you before... I appreciate you. I really do.
I'm saying this based on the fact that I actually know you :)

Maybe it's your smile, maybe it's the quality time spent, maybe it's the gifts you give me, maybe it's the tears shed, maybe it's how you treat others, maybe it's your laughter, maybe it's your "niceness..."

And maybe, just maybe, I'm just beginning to see you the way God sees you.

I appreciate you. You being you.

1 comment:

kerche said...

uhhh of course! i have a post still sitting in draft mode since the summer of 2004. hahah!