Wednesday, February 01, 2006

new perspectives

A new world.

Wow.

Why did I just discover it?

Goggles.

Yep.

I splurged yesterday... and bought my 20 buck goggles.

My swimming-mates (what do you call them!?) have been bugging me saying what a differences it makes...blah blah...

Anyways, our second last class, I've buy these grey-pink goggles and jump into the water. At first I do as I normally do, and close my eyes while going under only to realize, hey... I can open them now... Ikes!

WOW... what a diff! I can SEE. It really is like being like a fish!

It's lessens the fear of the deep end too... wowsers!

After opening my eyes for the first time underwater, I pop my head out and start laughing like that 7-year old child in me... haha... I think I was beaming. My swimming-mates, these middle-aged women, laughed with me and at my new found enthusiasm...

It's good to be able to see again...

Literally and figuratively...

It really is good to be able to see again...

4 comments:

spinacci said...

Hey! You swim now? Wow. Cool. Is the new pool at Killarney up and running yet? I'd like to try it out.

shelaine said...

sup! was takin' lessons @ bonsor but it's over now. Did my first length today! Never knew it could be so exhausting! not sure about the Kill. suppose to b open, but i think it's delayed!

spinacci said...

awesome! good on ya for taking swimming. =) are you and Nanci going to race someday? hehehe.

delayed eh? darn. i was hoping to start swimming again soon to prepare for the next tri in the summer. oh wellz!

kerche said...

man.. i should be an old lady in the pool now. i haven't swam for years!!

i bet you and your newly developed skillz can whoop me!!
------
congrats for finishing!! it's been quite awhile now, hasn't it? lol :P