Thursday, February 23, 2006

applications wanted

I sit here enjoying my ice cream sandwich from the Terra Nova Dairy Queen on Westminster Highway in Richmond (there's my subtle plug!) thinking about how unbusy I am and how freeing it is.

Been contemplative of late... affirms that I'm not that shallow. Thankfully!

So occupied the last year I've learned that I've neglected a lot of things in life. This year I feel like I've been "disciplined" by my Father. Got to the point where I almost went monk/nun--just eliminating many things out
(heck I was about to do something drastic with my hair too!).

Is it worth it--being so busy? At what cost? At whose expense? My own wholeness? The relationships around me?

Doing ministry is great. I love it. But is that where my worth is coming from? Part of the Lord's discipline is reminding me that no, my worth is because He spoke dignity into my being.

My importance may have came from being busy. Now... I'm absolutely not busy, yet I feel pretty darn good.
Slowly pieces are being placed back in my life.

I understand that, it's a season for me because I can't live like this for the rest of my life :p Well, unless the Lord really calls me to and enables me to...

Right now,
it's kind of like something is brewing deep within... or for you sciencey people, potential energy is being accumulated for some kinetic energy to be released soon.

Learning to enjoy the journey.

That being said. I think I need to go out now. A friend told me that I'm suppose to meet five new people every week...

Now where do I find five new friends every week???

Looking for friends. Apply within.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be your friend, except I'm your cousin.