Sunday, February 05, 2006

ginger vinegar

(disclaimer to my pastey friends... hehe..)

Yes I have weird tastes.

Ever since I was little and family friends were popping out babies, I'd wait for the time when they call us over to eat "ginger vinegar."

Not many kids like it.. but this one does!

It's like this pig's feet, eggs, and ginger in this black vinegar "sauce"... it can be left for like, months and it's suppose to be good for the mom who just had a baby.

Anyways, my auntie brought over two more pots of this stuff (we already had one) because my cousin just had a baby girl about a month ago. Not sure if I'm more excited about eating the pig's feet and eggs or about the baby girl...

haha..

kidding!

Although, I haven't seen her yet... but I've eaten plenty of the fatty pig's feet!

Am I the only one that has "weird tastes" here???

7 comments:

Jane said...

Shelaine, my gag reflex is working overtime as I read this post.

I am so glad I was not related to you when I was having babies.

Not that I'm related to you now. I'm just thankful that there was no one in my life 18 years ago that thought it would be beneficial for me to ingest pig's feet, eggs and ginger in a black vinegar sauce. Clint would've ended up being an only child if that were the case.

kerche said...

it's been soooooo long ago since i've had that. i can't recall if i even liked it! but if it involves eggs, i'm sure i liked that. lol.

shelaine said...

Oh jane, i'm gonna sooo bring some in just for ya :) it's great.. i mean, the eggs, pig's feet and ginger are soooo soaked in the vinegar that everything gets blackened... the core of the egg is all black as well.. mmm... makes me hungry for some. brb...

:)

kerry... do you even remember what it tastes like? ask your mom to make it "for fun"... hehehe...

kerche said...

haha i actually found out that she made some yesterday!! and it was for fun.

o__O

guess i will have to eat it and report back here.

Queenie said...

I like the eggs. My mom likes all of them, pig's feet, eggs, ginger and even the sauce. She made it once in a while, even when there was no babies...

Thanks for adding my website links here! :)

shelaine said...

kerche: so... how was it?

queenie: my brother loves the eggs too! i'm just beginning to like the eggs. for the longest time, i just like to suck on the feet ("loon gwuk") and the fat. yum! (sorry jane, to gross you out!)

raymondw91 said...

i looooooove that stuff! You have the same taste I do!

=)

I can eat the whole pot.