Thursday, June 15, 2006

i wish i was...

young-er.

Age is really creeping up to me... 25 and no turning back.

Was thinking. Around this time last year, I was

... having quite the adventures in India. And the year before that, I was

... sitting in an office designing little logos.
And the year before that, I was

... finishing up my last classes to graduate and having quite the encounter with Christ, leading to my desire to be in ministry--wow, gotta hold onto that.
And the year before that, I was

... sitting in classes, trying to bulldoze my way through the remaining years of uni.
And the year before that, I was

... in Thailand and China, eating and eating!
And the year before that, I was

... typing in Amex cards for Costco, getting reading to go to HK.
And the year before that, I was

... watching the front at Sportshall, bored but happy to have a job.
And the year before that, I was

... just finished provincials and a newly minted graduate of high school.
And the year before that, I was

... about to kill my summer in Socials 11 summer school where we all (typical Chinese) registered the first day of open registration so that we would be in the same class. There ended up being 25/28 students from Killarney and all of us were chinese girls and we were friends. The pros: being in class with all your buddies. The cons: being in class with the smartest kids in school [appropriately named the "four point oh group."] which means I was at the bottom of the grading scale. That was also the year I was introduced to internet for the first time and I discovered online "Christian" chat rooms...
And the year before that, I was

... 15 and wishing I was older--an adult. What was I on?!

Three posts in three days. Not bad eh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when you were 15, I was getting ready for my elementary school graduation -- decked out in a "too old for my own good" dress and caked with gaudy, over the counter make-up. I was longing for the 'saturday morning TNBC' type of melodrama: hook-ups, break-ups, reconciliations and happy endings. Interspersed in between would be something academic. When you were 15, I was 12 wishing I was 15.

Hmm. Really -- what kind of crack were we smoking?

shelaine said...

it was crap crack for sure. well... are we getting what we asked for?