Friday, March 10, 2006

timing

Sometimes this word is one's worse enemy. Sometimes it just works out perfectly. I've reflected a bit and I have seen how God's perfect timing has just blown me away. Yet again, I see how some things occur that leave me crying, why? Why now? Why ever? Why Lord?

I'm writing a paper right now about Buddhism. In two days, I have spent about seven hours at the temple. Chatting it up with Buddhist, hearing their stories and their beliefs. I've found many similarities in both our beliefs and problems in our faiths--I never thought that I could find so many connecting points. Some things can actually make sense.

I can see how enticing it could be for one to believe in this "way of life." I am already wrestling with a many issues that would allow for the temple community and people to appeal greatly. If I was in a place of complete disillusionment with my own faith, needed to make sense of some things, or looking for purpose, I could see myself being swayed... I have a greater understanding of the attraction to Buddhism.

You see, a lot of it is about timing. You can look at your own life and see how, perhaps, God revealed himself to you at the perfect time. Or you stepped into church at that divine time. Or you heard that speaker at that most opportune time. For the Buddhist that I met, they were going through a difficult time or where wrestling through questions, when they stepped into a temple or someone brought them to the temple--and they experienced something...peace, a indescribable feeling... something that suited them at that time.

Timing.

Being available.

And at the right place at the right time.

I pray that we, bearers of Good News, be agents of perfect timing. That we could be like Issachar, who understood the times and knew what Israel(or whatever place/people) should do. That we would tap into what God was doing today and know when to speak and what to say to people. Who knows what could happen!

Lord, what are you doing today and how can I serve your purposes?

No comments: