Thursday, December 29, 2005

friends...

Something profound... I was coffee-ing with a Langley-friend today and we were talking about who we are in relation to who we want to become. She said that who we want to become is kind of who we are because it's what we are moving towards and it's sort of our destiny ahead of us. A goal. It's kind of like the hope before us--what we are striving to become.

Does that make sense?

Ok, so it sounded better the way she said it.

What do you want to become?

on a bit of a tangent, i went through the Esso "touchless carwash" after coffee.. because i had to type in a code before the carwash began, i didn't roll my window back up! and power windows are so slow too! so there i sat, wet, feeling pathetic, spitting out water and laughing at myself. got a two for one. carwash and a facewash.


Two days ago, Nanci and I went "yau che ho-ing" (driving) to look at Christmas lights. Ended up at a JoJo's place... 45 minutes away from Vancity. Chatted it up for the next 5 hours--till early morning. No surprise there. We laughed, we cried, we ate, we drank (hot chocolate!)...

I've come to realize that conversation is so healing. Lack of it kills... but good talks heal the soul. Or at least, it heals mine.

Can we talk?


I use to love to read Reader's Digest... the Laughter section... Those jokes always made me laugh. But nothing beats laughter with friends. Tonight I spent most of it laughing. A great change of pace... Just eating with Em, who's visiting, Pans, and Connie... Talking about nothing in particular but just the everyday funnies that occur. Being goofy... we can always find something to laugh about... either we create it ourselves, or just weird things happen when we're together...

I miss that.

Laughing...

I need my daily dose of humour.

Don't you too?


Narnia. Still haven't seen it. But thankfully my gracious friends are waiting until I am free to go. We read it together in grade 5... when we first became "the awesome4sum."

While the world goes to watch it, these friends (minivan7) will wait... Thanks guys for always waiting...

Would you wait?


These are my post-Christmas "could-have-been-bored-and-lonely-but-not" stories.

I am truly blessed with incredible friends.

I always say that.

But I really mean it.

Last little while, friends have come out of no where to bless me.

Listened.

Cried with.

Fed me.

Hugged me.

Without you guys, I don't know what I would do...

God has truly truly graced me in the area of friendships.

With gratitude,

Thank you Lord.

3 comments:

My Thots said...

Friends indeed are the best!! And like you, I thank my Lord for providing me with caring, understanding, laugh-provoking friends. Thanks for sharing your thots with us your readers!

Anonymous said...

Hey I use to love reading the Reader's Digest laughter section too! that's the only section I look at, in fact I look at it when i go to the bathroom! Sometimes I look at the same ones and it still makes me laugh!

Anonymous said...

THe annonymous was me, Bunny! thanks for Snuffles again!