Thursday, December 15, 2005

arrow-ing home

Here ends an era, I'm told. For the past 1.75 years, I've worked at Arrow Leadership International Ministries as the Communications Manager (graphic designer). I love what we do as a ministry. Mentoring and doin' leadership development for top notch leaders. The one thing that always gave me chills was hearing and witnessing the stories of leaders from across the globe, having their lives transformed from a long-term (2 year) leadership/mentorship process.

They have been a fabulous family to me. Loved me, laughed with me, supported me... and now they're releasing me to continue to go the "next step" in where God is leading... schoolin'. Well, they've always released me. Went to India for two months... kept on cutting hours since I started--I was suppose to move from part-time to full-time. I went from part-time to even more part-time.

About school... I'm not the most... actually I'm perhaps one of the least academic persons there is. Not the brightest. Not the best... but I do realize the credibility and the opportunity by having those letters beside your name... although really... I've never been about the letters.. if anything, I've spent most of my life trying not to conform and being about "anti-establishments..."

Anyways, my Arrow Family has treated me swell.

What I forgot to mention was that a week before my birthday, I went into Arrow on that Friday (I don't usually work in the office on Fridays) to finish up some stuff. What happened was that I was called to the front for a meeting, but instead was led into the kitchen where everyone was sitting in the dark. They sang for me, gave me a Starbucks card and signed card (even with the stamped signature of our President!)... wow. Completely, totally unexpected.

On the 30th of November, we celebrated the graduation of our 1000th graduate from around the world. We all got decked out at Sutton Place...with world-class leaders... just to be a part of that was gratifying... Jane-o, you did swell!

And just a few days ago, the 13th of December, was my last day in the office. Strange feeling that hasn't sunk in yet. I'll still go back and do stuff... just not as frequently, that's all. We had a "farewell" lunch for me... Chinese food, to suit the occasion. Then they all gave edifying words to me. Too bad my memory is so bad! I knew I should have taped it! :)

Got a card, with prayers written in it as well. Swell. And a Bible dictionary. It's heavy...!

Also, they gave me grace for all the times I just couldn't wake up... yes, miss sleephead I am.

Thank you Arrow... for opportunity, for a great example of 2 Timothy 2:2, and for friendship. I'll be back... actually I was just back the day after my "last day." Had to use the computer before I went to take my exam... Felt like "home"--I could run in and out of the office :)

No comments: