Friday, November 11, 2005

wowed, continued...

I went to a Jesus Loves Vancouver crusade on Wednesday night. I was feeling a bit depressed and unmotivated all day. I needed to worship God. I needed a revelation of God. I needed an encounter with Christ. It's just what I needed and it's just what I received.

About my previous post (two posts ago)... Thanks Kevin for your comment... Hmm... Driving back to the airport that day, I got a phone call from the lady that we just had dimsum brunch with. This was our conversation:
"Hi Shelaine... I was going home and repeating your dad's name... because it sounded so familiar. Does your mom work at an Safeway or something like that?"
"Yes, she use to work at IGA... whyyyyy?"
"I remember staying at someone's house in Vancouver in 1982 for two days... the wife worked at a supermarket and they had two kids..."
"Uh yeah.... that's US! I was TWO!" meanwhile my mouth dropped...
"Oh, I just want to let you know that I'll be praying for your family..."

That's the gist of my "wow, You (God) really do love me!" Out of nowhere God reveals His love for me by touching the core of my heart. I felt incredible favour. I was "tickled pink."

This was truly the cherry on top. To meet a stranger, or so I thought, and to have her say she'll be praying.

Thank you Lord.

No comments: