Friday, November 25, 2005

birthday shelaine happy

Happy Birthday to ME. Yeah me. Here's a self-hug.

You're a whooping 25. Get ready for an even better year!

Hmm... I'm really talking to myself eh? Ouch. Thought that's not suppose to happen for another 50 years...

Welcome to my royal birthday. Turning 25 on the 25th. November 25th... writing at time 11:25. I believe I was born sometime at 10pm

Anyways... a recap of my birthday week!

Sunday
Party! Yay! Had friends come to BC Sports Hall of Fame and Museum... and just ate and hung out! Theme was "Childhood." People had to dress up as their favourite childhood hero or their selves as they were way back when... Also got people to get into groups... write and sing me a song using a childhood song! I was mighty uncomfortable but mightily blessed! Did my little "speech" too... better than last year, I hope.. heheh...

Thanks to all the showed up or tried to show up or called me that day. I felt so ~special~ really! The people who came braved about 60,000+ extra people downtown that day.. with the Rogers Santa parade, the BC Lions Western Final, and a Gwen Stefani concert too.

At first I was kinda mad with God, saying why did He allow me to make a dumb choice like this that would be too much of a hassle to change. Then he reassured me by showing me that this is like a HUGE party for me. I get to celebrate with 60,000+ extra people!

Wednesday
A great mid-week time. It was just want I needed. I went to Samuel's Mantle in the morning, prayed for people and had people pray for me. Reaffirming my life and the future. At night I met up with Rebecca from Pais and we just chatted and encouraged each other. Then we prayed for each other other. One thing she mentioned confirmed two things said to me at SM that morning. Crazee! God really is connecting things in my life.

Something I really needed, mid-week.

Thursday
My kids... Gladstone Christian Klub girls... Mary and Jen, made me a cake and got me a stuffed Winnie the Pooh! Yay! I love those girls... and the boys were all saying Happy Birthday to me as they came in. I felt so special. Would have made me cry. But like a proud parent, I was beaming. I love them tons!

Class was great today too. Looked at the Lord's prayer in a way that I hadn't seen it before. Wow. You know, you read something all your life and then finally things are making sense. It's nuts!

Went to Uth Mix at night... a collaboration of different "sounds" of churches across the Lower Mainland... choirs, dance, rap, bands... very cool.

Then a bunch of us went out afterwards for "dinner"... great food.. Alleluia cafe. Gotta try it. Lotsa meat for mighty cheap. At midnight, a candle in an ice cream scoop with crepes came out...

Friday
So today is Friday. My actual birthday. I've felt like it's been birthday week and it has been! Yay! May it be "birthday YEAR"... and I feel special all year round!

Woke up this morning at 6am. I forced myself to stay in bed for another few hours... because I just slept at 2am... Couldn't sleep, felt ill... I'm like great. I AM getting OLD...

Anyways, I'll let you know how today goes. Lord, I want a GOOD day... already on tap is reading my textbooks and writing reports! YAY! (sarcasm... and lots of it!)

1 comment:

Queenie said...

Happy Birthday!
May the Lord bless you abundantly in this coming year! :)
Hope to see you and Esther again soon!