Sunday, May 29, 2005

thank you...

so full of gratitude. really. this has been a week of wrapping up life in vancity to be put "on hold" for two months. sometimes it feels like i'm going away forever given the goodbyes. a few more get togethers this week and then off i go.

today was extra special. i knew it would be a little awkward as i walked into church knowing it'll be my last sunday till august. i really do love my church. wow. i said it. the people are tremendous. i'm learning to appreciate it so much as not every church body would have made this day as special as my church did for me.

morning service, i watched as my church rose from their seats to come and stand in agreement and pray for me. it truly was empowering... and yes i teared up.

chinese-speaking morning service... they prayed for me again... wow.

sunday school class, i had the opportunity just to share my heart. for me, anything that i get involved in, i gain a heart and burden for. today, i just went off and spoke. and yes... i teared up again.

just talking about brokenness in our class and how God is refining my character. character before calling. calling before competency. it just doesn't fly if one if it is out of order. if you got tons of competency but no calling, you're probably going to burn yourself out doing things that are not what you are suppose to do... or/and you'll burn yourself out doing everything. calling without character, you'll end up walking out what God may have called you to do, but without integrity and other foundations to make it through...

luncheon. wow... seeing that sight of people. wow. i feel so very loved. so very appreciated. so undeserving. thank you vcpc... from seniors to the kids. thank you even though i might seem to ignore you sometimes... i almost teared up again.

i knew this would be an emotional day. perhaps watching The Notebook yesterday probably prepped me for an day of emotions... haha.. so kiddin'.

let the river flow. oh man... i think it's coming again.

goodbye and goodnight. see you in august. can't wait to share with you again.

love you all tons. really. you wouldn't have this website if i didn't :p

lastly, in the words of my brother, "thanks for helping send my sister away so that i can have a little break for two months.."

5 comments:

kerche said...

we'll miss you shooshoo! ;)
thanks for pouring out your heart in s.s today. it definitely got me feeling half of what you feel/think..and i think my heart was racing. haha. or maybe it was my mint mocha coffee...
i'm very much excited and nervous for you as you embark on this grand adventure :)

just know that i am praying for peace and comfort as you wrap things up in the next few days. we are definitely behind you more than you'd ever know (though i think yesterday was amazing enough).
definitely will be prayer hardcore for you & esther through this next little while.
as i think about it... i'll be in the same side of the world with you soon!! hehehe :P you're up-over..i'm down-under.
if i'm lucky, i can go up-over too!! ;)

anyways i wish you the BESTEST of the best as you work with a magnificent culture of people. you go rock their socks with your teachin'& preachin'!
remember that we expect you to be speaking whatever language they speak! haaaaa! :P

Jane said...

You are going to be SO missed. Take care of yourself... get better. Me 'n my boys will be praying. Daily. Looking forward to reading your updates and seeing your photos in August.

Love ya,
Jane

Anonymous said...

hey...i hope i didn't ruin The Notebook for you =P (but you gotta admit, parts it of WERE kinda cheesy right? right?...lol)

Anonymous said...

man... ur bro sounds cool LOL

Anonymous said...

know what, I have not seen my cousin at all since.. YC! O_O I am assuming you heard me on the phone? hehe. I thought "The Notebook" sucked. =D~ I feel asleep.

3ric ch4n: Brad is not cool. =D~ he's such a dork.

Brad should teach Greek at my school. T_T

anyways, I'm sure you already had the pep talk with all the Chu mommies. just have fun and take lots of pictures of elephants =]