Monday, July 24, 2006

weeding out of gardening

Gardening.

I'm definately a green one at it.
Some people have it planted within them, but for this gal, the seed just won't grow!

Was that corny? Didya get it? Tsk tsk. ;p

Haha...

Really now, a few months back, I weeded a few sections of the garden. Crouched low and squated for hours with the sun scorching my sunscreenless face... Before this, the only weed I picked up was...uh... nevermind;p

I intended to plant my own garden this summer. People say, gardening can teach you a lot about life, right?

Ambitious, I bought a few seeds. We got tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers.

Then, the inevitable happened.

I lost interest.

It grew. Mum watered them. But the weeds grew too.

I look at them and have no desire nor ambition to weed them again.

Man... it's a drag.

Here I have my little plants... but I don't know which one's the weed and which one's the plant?

Dang weeds...

Did I learn anything about life?

No... I refuse to allow the weedy garden to teach me anything about daily maintenance... ok ok, sense the childish sarcasm...? Does this reflect my daily living... letting things slide till...

Anyhow, I did learn one thing though:

No more gardening for this chica.

I'm onto other forms of domestication.

Say, cross-dres.. I mean, cross-stitching?

2 comments:

Kevin said...

My suggestion is to not eat the stuff that grows on weeds.

shelaine said...

uh. thank you kev. thanks ;)