Thursday, July 13, 2006

ah!

This morning I wake up sore. Yep. Sore. My right shoulder, my neck...

Probably because I tried to fit into a one foot box.

Went to Science World yesterday with a friend. I've got my Passport Challenge, so I get to go to all these tourist destinations for free with a guest!

But boy oh boy, once we got in, it seemed like we were caught in a sidewalk sale at Metro--but for kids! They were running back and forth, all around. No wonder kids have short attention spans! This totally caters to the ADHD kid! So many things to try that you don't stay at one place for more than 3 minutes! Can you really learn something--'cause I don't see kids reading the sciencey blurbs...

Things I learned:
  • I'm over educated. Don't have the simplicity of mind to make these things work! As we were trying to figure out this one rifle game, a line-up growing by the minute developed behind us. We couldn't understand the game!
  • I can't wheel a wheelchair.
  • I'm apparently very stressed.
  • my attention span is perhaps only a little better than most kids..ai!
  • and lastly... that I can't fit into a one foot box.
Either kids thought we weren't in line/were parents... 'cause they'd just budge in front of us! I think perhaps they thought we were part of the wall. As we did tower over them...

I did get a bit of satisfaction for beating this one budging, bratty, think-I'm-so-cool type kid in a challenge. Hah!

Tried to complete the day with astronaut ice cream... sold out.


What a day!

It was definitely worth the price of our admission... hehe...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hm...you forgot to mention you're a weakling? ;) (only bugging ya). but i do have two words for you: weight lifting :)
ps: what is astronaut ice cream? sounds like it's "out of this world" delicious...haha.

shelaine said...

corny. pure corn. it looks like foam... but melts in your mouth! it's great!
hmm.. i'm not as strong as i use to be in my youthful days. old age really does a doozie on people! muscles saggin... along with everything else!

:)

Anonymous said...

whatever...you're still very much youthful! :D
"saggin"? and "everything else!" (not a good combination...hahah) don't even want to know what the last part of that is ;) lol
hm...oh yeah, are you still sore? i hope not.