Thursday, June 30, 2005

hello all

Sorry for the lack of updates…it's been pretty busy here and getting adjusted and all. I'm Hmm… where did I leave off last time? Oh yah… the crazee bus ride…hmm… Yes, so we made it to Dharamsala safely.. prayed over that city.. then took a bus to Amrista – Golden Temple…. Took a 6 hr local bus that was basically a bc transit bus (the worst one they have), and taking that to Kelowna and stopping at every city inbetween… oh, and instead of flat land, it'd be going around the mountains. Can you imagine that? Well I almost threw up…. I said ALMOST.. I just kept on imagining how I could stop this bus and stick my head out the door… or stick my head out the window.

Anyways, all is well though.. We went to Haridwar after that… did everything we shouldn't do – dip our feet into the Ganges (I wanted to take the water home so badly!), and then hop into a car of a guy that just stopped and offered us a ride… tinted windows and all….

Don't worry… we're not totally loopy… but God sent angels our way and it is A-OK.

We are in Hyderabad right now.. teaching English, Communications and Worship/Music. Just had such an anointed time in chapel this morning.. where we talked about desperation…

God has been good. Despite getting sick and all.. God is good. I have a chest cold right now and Esther had some stomach problems earlier.. but He is FAITHFUL.. up until the very end…!

Ray: Yes, it's me!

Justin: do I know you? I am on a missions trip in India…

Shirley: cute boys? Haha.. I'll make sure I take some more pictures just for you.

Jane: mm…get Jer to do it.. he can do everything I do J

Eric: Thanks for the correction…doh!

Kerche: it's a'ight.. have fun in Aussieland…

Jos: Uh.. email me and explain!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy canada day =D hehe

glad to hear you gals are well...
bless you both!!!
still waiting...for...my email? ;) lol...jk

Anonymous said...

uh. I hear you've been mass e-mailing everybody w/updates. HEY you know what would be great? If you added me to that list -- yeah, thanks.

=) I want to know about your life too!!! :( I miss you and love you to pieces!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Shelaine!

Glad to hear you're okay and ministering around you. According to your brother, it was "yeah, we haven't heard from her in a few weeks, but ehhh, who knows". Hmm... You'll have to share some of your wisdom about communications and such when you return. Chris and I are praying for you and Esther :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Shelaine!
It is so good to get your emails and read all about the places we know so well.
Stella said you were a real blessing at TCC. We are so proud of you for giving up your summer to go and serve. And we know God will richly bless you for doing that.
Please do drink more bottled water. I do think the 'tongue' thing can be attributed to eating so much spicy food and not drinking enough water along with it. Stay well hydrated!
We're praying for you. Hoping the time in Sri Lanka will be just as good as in India.
Blessings!
PJanet

Jane said...

Hi Shelaine,
That tongue thing is freakin me out.
Thanks for updating. Love getting your e-mails...
Will continue to pray daily.
Take care of yourself now, ya hear?