Saturday, June 11, 2005

exactly half

hey... i just realized something.. i'm like 12.5 hours away... so that's almost exactly half a world away!?!? craziness.

wish i could update you with stories and such, but there's just too many :)

in delhi, we were two nepali girls - they kept on thinking we're from nepal. here in dharamsala, they think we're two japanese girls...

the first day here, we sensed such a different places than delhi. everything is so very different. we walked into a kindergarten and chilled with some kids - it was precious. one girl ran up to me and grabbed my hand, even though we were only at the gate. then when we got permission to walk in, some kid ran up to me and gave me a hug. made my day...

well, gotta get back to the hotel. rest a bit, then off to the temple of the dalai lama... till next time.

6 comments:

raymondw91 said...

is this shelaine c? The one that I know???

Anonymous said...

hey LOL 12.5 isnt half way.... its a lito over half.... learn some math XD pshhugs make ur day?!?!

kerche said...

hey shelaine! hope everything is going good at hyderabad! and that the teaching hasn't been to difficult.
hope you also had a wonderful time of sightseeing last week :)

still "thinking" about you & esther!

** said...

are you a missionary? :)


justin

http://justincash.blogspot.com/

http://justinmcashportfolio.blogspot.com/

spinacci said...

ok, this is going to sound strange but did you meet a guy in a green shirt, a native of India, who tagged along with you and E for a period of time? if not, no biggie. if so, let me know.

Anonymous said...

excuse me miss, why haven't you updated?!?! let me know about the cows and the attractive Indian boys -- oh yah, and what YOU'VE been up to!!...