Sunday, January 15, 2006

starting right

Something's shifting.

You know it when you look around and a lot of people are/have going/gone through some mighty heart-wrenching stuff in recent times.

God seems to be sifting through the "flour" so to speak... and seeing what remains. Who will stand? Who will fight? Who will remain?

I feel like I've been through the decontamination chamber. Detoxifying my life. And just last week, I walked around with a limp due to a swimming blunder. Perhaps it's like Jacob. A reminder that I am to rely on His strength and a visible sign of where I've been in and what I've been through.

I can say that God is good. He is still good. Actually He is bettter than I thought.

God hasn't changed. Though life has, my God still hasn't and He won't.

This semester I'm taking some time-out [lessening course load]. Time out for me and my Jesus. Need to cultivate the relationship that matters most--above all else.

Take care of myself, do some fun activities, laugh more, play more, and love Jesus even more.

So call me!

5 comments:

spinacci said...

but i do call you Shels...just never got a call back...lol! =) (i'm just kidding)

Kevin said...

Well, I can't really call you to go out for tea and crumpets, but glad to hear you're taking a bit of time off to enjoy things.

Queenie said...

Will you go to Mission Fest. next week? or we can go out for lunch or dinner sometimes :) just call or email me.

Anonymous said...

didn't even know u had a blog till ally told me. ur blog is melancholic with a hopeful scent of spirituality. as ur longest known friend, i'd have to say cheer up. u r blessed to have never lived a life other than this. i remind myself everyday of that.

go taylor's troopers!!!!

shelaine said...

spinacci: i know i know i know... sorries!

nanci: jan 19th.. uh.. i was out coffeeing with two very cool pastey frenz :)

kev: come home and let's go have out tea and crumpets... or if you prefer, "baos" and "lai cha"

queenie: will be there. let's do a meal sometime!

bren: thanks... ur right. i'll never live this life again either. as we're not coming back as a doggy or a fishy or anything else ;)

melancholic? expressing the mid-20s crisis. hah!

of the MV7, cels found this first.

"always sisters..." remember that?