Saturday, October 15, 2005

reconnecting

The last little while has been kinda like "a blast from the past." I've been seeing or interacting with friends from "way back..." People I lost contact with or just don't contact much anymore.

My Bible college friends have appeared out of the blue. Seriously! I got a phone call from my Montreal friend Shauna who found my cell number and called me. I got the message and not the call, but I was like, whoa..!!! Crazee! Earlier in the day, I missed a call where the caller didn't leave a message. I called the person back (yay caller ID!) and asked if someone there was looking for Shelaine. The response was "I most certainly did!" I was thinking...uh... who are you? Then he told me he was Matt...from Omega and I was like, aw man!! He saw a flyer from Sept 18th and just gave me a call!!! AND, I saw Jen S. at a pastors breakfast thingie... she's now pastoring at her home church! We had many conversations in the cafe at WPBC dreaming about going on missions. I think she was suppose to go to the Ukraine or something, and I am to go to China. Hmm... AND well... a few weeks ago, Jaci called me and just wanted to chat. Very cool. We use to be inseperatable. Kindred spirits, they'd call us.


And on the bus on Thursday I think I saw someone that I knew perhaps 10 years ago... it looked like Chris T, but I wasn't sure... until I heard someone call her name... but I still wasn't sure and I had to get off the bus because I was home.

Yesterday I met a guy who I think I knew back in the AFJ days too... and he's good friends with these two siblings that I went to Atlanta with... haven't seen them since 1999!

All these old friendships coming back into my life...

I am blessed with great friends. I truly am. Old ones, new ones, and current ones. Some that stay forever, some that are here for short seasons. Some are high maintenance others are extremely low maintenance... but I love them both!

So... do we need to reconnect? Don't answer that... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's SO cool! =D
You ARE blessed.
Your post is very encouraging...I mean...it's awesome to know that it IS possible to reconnect with friends we haven't seen or heard from in a very long time.
And wait...isn't your ten year union coming up? hehe =P More ppl to catch up with.

Take care my friend.

So...maybe during Christmas holidays?! ;) HAHA jk.